[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”3363″ align=”left” effect=”none” size=”large” fitMobile=”true” autoHeight=”true”] [image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”3378″ alt=”Hillary Clinton” align=”right” effect=”none” size=”medium” fitMobile=”true” autoHeight=”true”]
Last week the Finnish public television aired a documentary (Ulkolinja: Clinton vastaan Trump (The Choice 2016) that presented childhoods and career developments of the presidential candidates of the USA. About Hillary Clinton I had already seen similar biographies, so I concentrated to Donald Trump. The documentary exhibited him in a very fragmented and negative perspective. It repeated same clichés that I had heard several times earlier and I decided to form a bigger picture, what kind of a person he is.
Donald Trump grew up in a wealthy district in Queens. His father, Fred Trump made millions in real estate business and his family lived a luxurious life. He instilled to his children an idea that life is competition. In Fred’s mind successful people were killers, who will eat losers. Loser had no defence when the winner took it all.
Despite the luxurious lifestyle, Fred Trump often gathered his children on Sunday and drive to a construction site, where he collected unused nails from the ground.
Donald Trump has competition in his blood and it seems that he learned very young that life is a question of life and death. He grew to become bad mannered bully, rascal, who confronted also his father. Donald himself considers young Donald rambunctious.
Because of Donald’s behavioural issues, his father sent him to the strictest boarding school he could find, West Point Military Academy when he was thirteen. Instead of considering it as a punishment, Donald liked the clarity of the school: its clear instructions, responsibility and strict rules. He also liked that there was always a reward for good behaviour and positive contribution.
At the military academy boys conception of women developed on foundation of Hugh Hefner’s Playboy magazine. Donald Trump was proud of winning the ultimate honour title of the school: “Ladies’ man”.
In his youth Donald Trump listened at Marble Collegiate church at Manhattan to gospel of success preached by Norman Vincent Peale, which is based on power of positive thinking. In its centre was capitalism and prosperity which was exactly what Donald Trump wanted to aim at. Success required 100% awareness. Trump learned that success in business was the true measure of success in life.
After graduating from Wharton School of Finance and Commerce, Donald Trump started as trainee in his fathers real estate company. Donald’s older brother Freddy had been fired by their father for his lack of interest. Freddy’s character was too soft and socializing and he lacked the spirit of competition required in business. His father considered him as a loser.
After a long struggle with alcoholism Freddy died in his forties. This affected deeply Donald and shocked the family. In Donald’s mind Freddy was intimidated by his father. He was not ‘a killer’. Thus he decided to assume completely opposite attitude, both towards his father and to other people and decided to be fearlessly himself.
In the beginning of the 1970s Donald moved from Queens to Manhattan. He became director at his fathers company. The documentary presented him as a party boy who was fascinated by every kind of Hollywood glamour. It suggests that Donald saw also women as glamorous objects.
In my mind, it tells more about Donald’s relationship to women that during the construction of Trump Tower he employed a female supervisor to the construction site, which was unprecedented. His closest co-workers were most hard-working women. Among them his first wife Ivana Trump, who had great impact on Donald’s success.
I think that the most outstanding characteristic of Donald Trump is his industriousness and his ability to find as hard-working people beside him as he is himself. In an interview that Donald gave in his youth, after he had made his first millions he says: ” I am not looking to make tremendous amounts of money. I am looking to enjoy my life, and when it (money) happens to go with it that is fabulous.”
To enjoy life has different meaning for different people. For some it means mainly having fun. For Donald it seems to have meant creation of his American Dream in real estate business and in other most fascinating projects. He has had a passion to build gorgeous apartments, glorious hotels, casinos, nightclubs and golf clubs even though he himself has had little time to spent in them.
Donald Trump has preserved his youth vision and energy and has not fallen to temptations of casinos, nightclubs and idle life, and that is truly a sign of extreme self discipline. Maybe this is one of the reasons why the financial elite does not like him. Maybe this is also a reason, why he does not belong to the billionaire club living in own spheres, but has preserved his connections to common people.
The film I watched was an abbreviated version of the documentary “The choice 2016”, which suggests that only Hillary Clinton has done a long term career in public service. When I first heard about the candidacy of billionaire Donald Trump, I thought that it must be a whim and obsession of an ageing man. After watching some YouTube interviews of Donald Trump I noticed that public service has been in discussions since 1980.
As a young man Trump already had in his mind the same issues that he is advocating in his presidential candidacy. Although his life suggests something completely different, also issues of social justice have been in his mind. I just wonder, why has he earlier completely ignored this side in his personality.
I pray in my deepest heart that Donald Trump spends the rest of his life advancing social justice in the United States and in the whole world, as people all around the world are affected by the policies practised by the United States.
Regardless what people think of Trump, whether they like him or not, Donald Trump certainly is one of the most intriguing personalities that has ever walked on the surface of the planet Earth.
A few words about Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton is an extremely strong woman who has made a political career for herself with determination. I believe that in the beginning she has sincerely tried to advance things, but unfortunately she represents today everything that has gone wrong in western democracies.
I liked her youth attitude that “each person should be assessed and judged on their own merits”. But this principle has been completely lost in the tumult of her calculations and quest for power, where the end justifies the means. Where everything is accepted, except getting caught. Where this kind of “occupational accident” can be brushed under the carpet by a light apology, which means nothing.
It is hard for an outsider to evaluate, when this change in her attitude happened. Maybe it has been there always. Maybe everything changed, when Hillary did not pass the Bar Exam of Washington. Maybe her road was blocked in Washington, because of her dubious behaviour during the Watergate investigation.
After failing the examination someone else would have gathered new energy to try again until passing. But Hillary decided to lower the threshold and moved to another state, and made a commitment to advance the career of Bill Clinton. She did this regardless that she considered Bill Clinton to be a weak link, whose success needed means that did not always bear daylight.
It is hard for me to understand, how a strong and beautiful woman like Hillary Clinton has been able to completely mess up her situation like it seems to have happened. Latest email mess is quite open to interpretations and everything can be explained away.
But who can explain away the fact that her closest assistant, Huma Abedin has direct relations to Islamic extremists, whom the US government is supposed to fight against? Huma Abedin is hardly an undercover operation to defeat Islamic extremists, who have grown stronger and stronger in the last decades. Has Hillary Clinton been advancing this development? President Obama ultimately appointed her to his cabinet as secretary of state.
[toggle title=”What has happened? All of the sudden…” titleSize=”18″]Before Obama there was virtually no outlandish presence of Islam in America.
• All of a sudden, Islam is taught in schools. Christianity and the Bible are banned in schools.
• All of a sudden we must allow prayer rugs everywhere and allow for Islamic prayer in schools, airports and businesses.
• All of a sudden we must stop serving pork in prisons and schools.
• All of a sudden we are inundated with lawsuits by Muslims who are offended by American culture.
• All of a sudden we must allow burkas to be worn everywhere even though you have no idea who or what is covered up under them.
• All of a sudden Muslims are suing employers and refusing to do their jobs if they personally deem it conflicts with Sharia Law.
• All of a sudden the Attorney General of the United States vows to prosecute anyone who engages in “anti-Muslim speech”.
• All of a sudden, Jihadists who engage in terrorism and openly admit they acted in the name of Islam and ISIS, are emphatically declared they are NOT Islamic by our leaders and/or their actions are determined NOT to be terrorism, but other nebulous terms like ‘workplace violence.”
• All of a sudden, it becomes Policy that Secular Middle East dictators that were benign or friendly to the West, must be replaced by Islamist and the Muslim Brotherhood.
• All of a sudden our troops are withdrawn from Iraq and the middle east, giving rise to ISIS.
• All of a sudden, America has reduced it’s nuclear stockpiles to 1950 levels, as Obama’s stated goal of a nuke-free America by the time he leaves office continues uninterrupted.
• All of a sudden, a deal with Iran must be made at any cost, with a pathway to nuclear weapons and HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of dollars handed over to fund their programs.
• All of a sudden America APOLOGIZES to Muslim states and sponsors of terror worldwide for acts of aggression, war and sabotage THEY perpetrate against our soldiers.
• All of a sudden, the American Navy is diminished to 1917 Pre-World War I levels of only 300 ships. The Army is at pre-1940 levels. The Air Force scraps 500 planes and planned to retire the use of the A-10 Thunderbolt close air support fighter. A further draw down of another 40,000 military personnel is in progress.
• All of a sudden half of our aircraft carriers are recalled for maintenance by Obama rendering the Atlantic unguarded, NONE are in the Middle East.
• All of a sudden Obama has to empty Guantanamo Bay of captured Jihadists and let them loose in Jihad-friendly Islamic states. He demands to close the facility.
• All of a sudden America will negotiate with terrorists and trade FIVE Taliban commanders for a deserter and Jihad sympathizer.
• All of a sudden there is no money for American poor, disabled veterans, jobless Americans, hungry Americans, or displaced Americans but there is endless money for Obama’s “Syrian refugee” resettlement programs.
• All of sudden there is an ammunition shortage in the USA.
• All of a sudden, the most important thing for Obama to do after a mass shooting by two Jihadists, is to disarm American Citizens.
• All of a sudden, the President of the United States cannot attend the Christian Funerals of a Supreme Court Justice and a former First Lady because of previous (seemingly unimportant) commitments.
• All of a sudden, I’m sick to my stomach.
I’m not sure the majority of Americans recognize the seriousness of the situation and how much “progress” has been made by Islam these last 7 years, a very brief time compared to a 75 year lifetime!
… “By their fruits you will know them.”
Pat Condell: America’s Moment Of Truth